How to Use Videos
Any type of video file can be added to your portfolio. You can add videos from your Files area or directly from YouTube, Blip, Vimeo, Google Video, or TeacherTube using the URL for the video you want to add.
If you would like to make adjustments to any video in your portfolio, double click on the video you would like to format. This will open up the Video Control panel for the video you are wanting to format. The Video Control panel allows you to make several adjustments and add some styling to your video.
The remove video link will remove the video from your portfolio. Once this is done, it cannot be undone. You will have to re-add the video to bring it back.
This allows you to insert text into the caption text box that will become the caption for the video. Captions are displayed under the video, separate from other text on the page.
The slider under SIZE allows you to change the size of your video. 100% is the original size and any thing smaller is just a reduced, proportionate size.
Under SPACING, you see options for margin, snap to edge, and word wrap.
- Margin is the space between the video and everything else on the page. The margin will be equally increased around all sides of the video.
- Turning on 'snap to edge' will allow the video to snap to the edge of the content box (outlined in green in the editor), ignoring any margin on that side.
- Word wrap allows for text to be beside the video. When word wrap is off, the entire line where the video is placed cannot have text on it.
The BORDER features allows you to add a border around an video and adjust the size, color, style, and padding of that border.
- Size allows you to change the thickness of your border. The larger the size, the thicker the border will be.
- Color allows you to set the color for your border. You can choose the color by using the selector that pops up. The left most box allows you to choose a shade of a color, while the slider to the right of that box allows you to choose the starting color.
- There are four border styles to choose from: single line, double line, dotted line, and dashed line. Choosing a style will change the look of the border around the entire video.
- Padding allows you to put space between the border and the video. The greater this number, the larger the space. Just as in margin, this space is distributed evenly to all sides of the video.
Set As Default
If you plan on using a particular formatting multiple times, you may choose to set the style as your default. This will format any video that you add to your portfolio the same way as this video. If you wish to change certain aspects of the different video, you can do that also. Doing so will not affect the original video.