What are the section settings and what does each one do?
Section settings include Section label, Section Group, Page Title, Page Instructions, Term for "Sections" (plural), Term for "Section" (singular), Students can add elements, Maximum elements students can add, Maximum files students can add (per element in this section), Show description on student added elements, Upload file types to allow, Course assignments can be added as elements, Allow Students to Associate Standards, Allow Students to Request Reviews by Faculty, and Allow Students to Share Elements.
- Section Label is the name that will appear in the left assessment menu for students.
- Page Title is the title that will appear on the top of the page when a student clicks on the Section.
- Page Instructions will be listed below the page title when a student clicks on the section.
- Term for "Sections" (plural and singular) defines what the tabs and links within a student account will indicate in regards to managing that Portfolio section.
- Students can add elements gives you the option to allow students to add portfolio elements to this portfolio section.
- Maximum elements students can add determines the number of portfolio elements the system will allow students to add to this portfolio section.
- Maximum files students can add determines the number of files the system will allow students to add to each element in this portfolio section.
- Show description on student added elements makes the students' description of the element visible to faculty and administrators.
- Uploaded file types to allow determines which file types the system will allow students to add to this portfolio section.
- Course assignments can be added as elements determines whether or not the system will allow assignments generated through the courses feature to be added as elements to this portfolio section.
- Allow students to associate standards determines whether students can align standards to the elements in this section.
- Allow Students to Request Reviews by Faculty allows students to ask their instructors to review work prior to evaluations.
- Allow Students to Share Elements makes it possible for students to share work with other students for peer review.
- Selecting 'Inherit from Portfolio', uses the settings for any of these options that were selected at the portfolio level.