How can I add a form as a required item within an existing element?
This is a function which you may or may not want to attempt on your own. A strong understanding of portfolio structures if very helpful in trying to complete this function. Contact Foliotek Support if you require assistance or you would rather have us complete this process for you.
Once you have created your form, follow these steps:
- Click Portfolio Structures in left side menu
- Hover over the Actions menu next to the portfolio that you wish to add your form to
- Click View/Edit Portfolio Sections
- Hover over the Actions menu next to the section to which you wish to add the form
- Click View/Edit Elements
- Hover over the Actions menu next to the name of the element to which you wish to add the form
- Click View/Edit Required Forms and Journals
- Click +Add Required File
- Give the item (your form) a name in the 'Name:' text box
- Select the type of file by clicking on the radio button next to the form
- Select the correct form from the drop down menu
- Select who can edit this form by checking the appropriate box(es) (students, faculty, administrators)
- Click OK
After this process is complete, the portfolio form has been created. Students in the specified groups will have the portfolio form as an item within the specified portfolio element.