How can I add an assignment to a course?
Assignments are added by section. This gives you the ability to have different assignments for different sections. To add an assignment to a section of a course, follow these steps:
- Click Courses within the Assessment menu
- Click on the name of the course
- Click on the name of the section
- Click on the Assignments tab
- Click +Add Assignment
- Click the radio button next to 'Create from an existing assignment' or 'Create a new assignment'
- If you chose to create from an existing assignment use the drop down menu to select which assignment, select an end date by typing it in the box or using the calendar icon. If you chose to create a new assignment, type in a name and description for the assignment and decide if the student will determine how this assignment is used in his/her portfolio or if the assignment will correspond to the following portfolio element; if you chose the latter, select the portfolio, section, and element using the drop down menus and select your end date by typing it in or using the calendar icon
- Click OK