How can I add an assignment to a course?
You can add an assignment to a course you are associated with using the My Courses Link (See My Courses, How can I add an assignment to a course?) If you wish to add an assignment to a course you are not associated with, you need to have permissions to use the Courses admin tool. If you don't have the ability to use this feature and you would like to, contact your portfolio administrator.
Assignments are added by section. This gives you the ability to have different assignments for each section. To add an assignment to a section of a course, follow these steps:
- Click on the Courses link
- Click on the name of the course
- Click on the name of the section
- Click on the Assignments tab and click on + Add Assignment
- Click in the circle next to Create from an existing assignment or Create a new assignment
- If you chose to create from an existing assignment, use the dropdown menu to select which assignment; select an end date by typing it in the box or using the calendar icon
- OR if you chose to create a new assignment, type in a name and description for the assignment and decide if the student will determine how this assignment is used in his/her portfolio, or if the assignment will correspond to the following portfolio element. If you chose the latter, select the portfolio, section, and element using the dropdown menus and select your end date by typing it in or using the calendar icon
- Click on OK