How can I associate a course assignment with an element?
*If your organization chooses not to use our courses tool, you will not have access to it.
When you add an assignment for a course, you may or may not have
the choice to associate it with an element. If the instructor
of the course pre-determines what element of your portfolio will be
associated with this assignment, then it will be added to that
element automatically when you add the assignment. If the
instructor of the course decides to leave that decision up to the
student, then you will associate the assignment with the portfolio
and section of your choice. To do this, follow these
- Click on Courses from within the Systems menu
- Click on the name of the course you wish to add an assignment to
- Click on Assignments from within the Courses menu
- Click on +Add next to the word "location"
- Use the Dropdown menu to select the portfolio to add this assignment to (Note: this won't be an option if the instructor has pre-determined this)
- Use the Dropdown menu to select the section of the portfolio you wish to add this assignment to (an element of that section with the assignment's title will be added to the section)(this won't be an option if the instructor has pre-determined what element the files will be added to)
- Click the green OK button