There are a few different ways to share your portfolio privately. One way is located in the eportfolio edit page. The Private share option is located in the 'sharing' drop down. It is labeled 'Share Privately'.
You can also do a private share from the ePortfolio Manage Page.
What is a Private Share?
The Private share, using an email invite, allows you to share your portfolio with only those you choose. This email invite provides a link and access key to allow the recipient to view your portfolio. It is really easy to share this way.
- Enter the email address of the recipient
- Add the person's name
- Set the begin date (the date you want this person to be able to access your portoflio)
- Set the end date (this is the last day this person can access your portfolio)
- Type an appropriate message to this person
- Click 'Finished' to send the email
Once you have shared the portfolio, you will see it in the 'Current Shares' list.
This area shows you a list of any private shares you have made. It provides some key information:
- People with whom you have shared this portfolio
- The dates during which this share can be viewed
Even after you have sent a Private share, it is possible to change the particulars of the invite. The pencil next to the email address of the person you shared with allows you to change the particulars of the associated share.
Any comments that are sent to you using the feedback page in your portfolio can be found by clicking on the username in the top right corner and then selecting 'Feedback' from the dropdown. The number of comments that have been left appears in a red circle next to your username. First, click on the arrow next to your username. Then click on 'Feedback.'
At any time, you can remove a Private invite to view your portfolio. Simply, click the trashcan next to email address of the person you shared with and access to the portfolio will be removed.