Tools Area Link
Foliotek's LTI capabilities can be leveraged in Blackboard to provide students and faculty with easy access to their Foliotek account dashboard. If using Foliotek Presentation, custom parameters can be added to send the user directly to their ePortfolios, Projects, or Files Repository. For organizations using Foliotek Competency Based Assessment (CBA), a custom parameter can be used on a faculty only link to access the evaluations area for scoring.
You can place the link in the Tools area accessed from the left navigation menu in the student account. With this, the student would click on 'Tools' and then have the Foliotek links as one of several options to select from.
Tool Provider and Placements
Setting up the Foliotek LTI Tool Provider
NOTE: Before starting this process, please contact your
Foliotek consultant to get the key and secret for your organization
along with any custom parameters.
First the LTI Building Block must be created which tells Blackboard how to access Foliotek's LTI tool
Follow these steps:
Click on Building Blocks on the right side of the Blackboard System Admin screen.
Next, Select LTI Tool Providers.
If you have not registered the Foliotek domain with Blackboard, click on the Register Provider Domain button.
If you have already registered the domain, skip to the Managing Placements instructions below.
Fill out the information as follows:
- Provider Domain: www.foliotek.com
- Provider Domain Status: Approved
- Secondary Host Names: secure.foliotek.com
- Default Configuration: Set separately for each link
- Send User Data: Send user data over any connection
- User Fields to Send: check all 3 boxes
- Show User Acknowledgement Message: No
- Message Text box: leave blank
Then, click submit to register the domain.
Hover over the 'www.foliotek.com' Domain and click the arrow button that appears. In the dropdown menu, click on Manage Placements.
Click on the Create Placement button to create a new placement. To edit an existing placement, hover over the placement name, click the arrow that appears, and select Edit from the dropdown menu.
Fill out the information to complete the placement:
- Label: this will be the link name in the course, so name it accordingly, i.e. Foliotek Portfolios, Foliotek Evaluations ...
- Description: it's best to LEAVE THIS AREA BLANK as some content has the potential to break the code
- Handle: give it a unique name (most choose to use the same name as the label)
- Type: Student Tool
- Browse for Icon: not necessary unless your organization uses icons.
- Tool Provider URL: https://secure.foliotek.com/blti
- Tool Provider Key: contact your Foliotek consultant for this information.
- Tool Provider Secret: contact your Foliotek consultant for this information.
- Tool Provider Custom Parameters: contact your Foliotek consultant for this information.
Click the submit button to create the placement.
Placing the link in Student and Faculty Accounts
Tools Area Link
Because of the steps completed above, the link will already appear under the Tools menu for your Blackboard courses.
To manage the list of tools that appears for a particular course, follow these steps:
In the Courses area on the System Admin screen, click on the Course ID for the course you wish to manage.
Click Tools in the left menu to see a list of all the Tools that are available for this course. The default setting is for the tool to be visible. If your LTI placement includes the custom parameter for Faculty Evaluations, click Hide Link and students will not be able to see it.
If you have any questions about setting up LTI links in Blackboard or need further assistance, contact your Foliotek consultant or our Support team at 888.365.4639, option 2.